As a single miniature screw matters in an engine's functionality, so does a golf tee matter as a piece of golf equipment. Even in their small-sized nature, golf tees involve a great deal of creativity and engineering. Just as there are diverse golfers, it is equally important that every single golfer identifies the most suitable tee for optimal course outcomes.
Whether for leisure or competition, results are part of the game and the importance of choosing the best golf tee. With the increased incorporation of science into golf, more companies have invested in developing different golf tees. This means that golfers have various products to choose from based on their requirements, such as the tee material, durability, required tee length, and tee styles.
This article aims to guide a golfer on the various best golf tees in the market. Some of the characteristics, such as environmental friendliness and durability, can be termed as part of marketing strategies, while others, such as less friction golf tees, are for performance.
Best Golf Tees
1. Pride ProLength White Professional Tee System
- #1 Tee on the PGA Tour
- 100% Natural Hardwood
- Color bar indicates Tee length
- Painted, Printed and Packaged in the U.S.A.
- Perfect for drivers over 360cc
Pride Golf Tees, a common choice for pro golfers in the PGA Tour, the pride professional tee system is among the best golf tees. The Pride tees come in a variety of lengths to provide a range of teeing heights for golfers. The Pride Professional range of tees' different sizes comes in different colors for each of the five different height tees.
The different tee color-coding serves to eliminate confusion if a golfer uses various tee heights while also indicating the depth to stick a tee in the ground. The Color options respective to their heights from longest to shortest include: (Green-4 inch tee, Blue 3.25 inch tee, Yellow 2.75 inch tee, Red 2.25 inch tee, and Orange 1.5 inch tee). The following are additional characteristics that make the Pride professional tees the best golf tees:
- Easy golf tee variety to match the height of the chosen club. Shorter Pride golf tees are most suitable for hybrids and irons, while longer tees are appropriate for fairway drivers and woods.
- Superb balance for ball stability for a four-yard tip swing.
- Outstanding durability for re-use.
- Most importantly, for optimal outcomes, the pride golf tee series provides increased accuracy for longer distances due to reduced spin caused by a low-friction tee tip.
On the Pride tees' wooden variety, the Pride 3.25 inches Professional Prolength wood tee is considered the best for Mid Handicappers. The question for plastic or wood Pride tees is settled by the preferred use of Pride professional plastic tees.
2. Zero Friction Tour 3-Prong Golf Tee
- The ZFTour Hybrid is great for Par 3's.
- The ZFTour features Zero Friction's patented 3-prong design that allows for less...
- Established as the No. 1 Performance Tee on the PGA TOUR in 2005 and has stayed...
- Every package comes with a bonus Zero Friction item.
- Place one prong at the target for optimum performance.
The secret to this type of golf tee lies in the name 'Zero-Friction' since this type virtually eliminates the friction during the club's impact and the ball. The Zero Friction 3-prong tees are made in three different lengths: 1, 2.75, and 3.25-inch tees. The variety of this product also features multiple colors. It is important to note that the zero friction golf tees feature a ball-support of 3 prongs.
This type of tees is made of plastic, making them more long-lasting than wooden golf tees. Vital to understanding this product better is that the tee height depends on the club's length and the height of a golfer. Some of the key characteristics that make the Zero Friction Tour 3 Prong golf tees the best include:
- Proven minimum addition of 2 yards for all-level tee shots.
- Exceptional strength and minimal post-contact breaking frequency.
- Specifically for the 3-prong zero friction tees, a ball can reach a maximum speed due to the reduced sidespins.
- Reduced surface contact.
- Increased durability.
- Environmental friendly due to the use of plastic that subsequently eliminates the over-reliance on trees.
If brand licensing and endorsement add to the confidence and trust in a particular golf tee, the Zero Friction Tour 3 Prong golf tees are credited for more than 70 wins in the PGA Tour. More to this is that the Zero Friction brand is the officially licensed PGA Tour golf tee.
3. 4 Yards More Golf Tees
- First and only tee proven to improve distance in both “Robotic” and...
- Flexible 6-prong tip reduces resistance and allows better contact
- Reduces ball spin which increases control
- Less resistance off the tee means more distance down the fairway
- Durable and built to last over 100 drives
If indeed you are looking for increased driving yardage, this is another suitable golf tee. The 4 yards more tees design is made with a flexible elastomer crown that enables flexing at impact. Primarily, the use of the elastomer crown is to minimize abrasion between the tee and the ball.
Similar to the crown, the stake part of this golf tee is also made of durable plastic, which is rigid for firmness in the ground. Advantages of the 4 yards more tees include:
- Gained accuracy and distance for a consistent tee.
- Resultant straighter and longer drives due to the reduced friction at impact and decreased ball spins.
- Durability and usability for an estimated 100+ golf shots. This also helps golfers save due to reduced costs over more extended periods.
- Environmental friendly due to its durability and use of plastic in place of wood.
4. Martini Plastic Tee
- No more carrying a forest of tees in your pocket when you’re on the course. ...
- Martini tees are safe to use with all your clubs - they will not "stripe" the...
- One martini tee is better for the environment than running through dozens upon...
- Martini Tees have their roots in the AirLift tees - thought to perhaps be the...
- Made proudly in the USA
For a style-oriented tee, the Martini durable Plastic Tee offers both performance and class. The Martini tees are considered the best golf tees due to the style related to their name, 'Martini,' which looks like the renowned martini glass. Besides the show of style, the Martini tee also offers reduced tee shot friction, increasing the drive's consistency and length.
The Martini plastic tee is most suitable for drivers with big heads. Additional likable features of this tee type are as follows:
- Extremely durable due to the blend of resin and polymer that makes the tees unbreakable.
- Bright colors that enable easy spotting on a golf course.
- Considering that it is plastic in material, it is an environmentally friendly tee alternative that reduces deforestation.
5. Champ Zarma FLYtee
- 6 prong head
- Reinforced ribs on shaft add durability and resistance.
- Shallow cup reduces surface contact
Another excellent choice for a golf tee is the Champ Zarma FLYtee. This type of tee can be found in the six-prong design, which offers balance to a golf ball. A golfer can be able to achieve increased distances while maintaining more accurate tee shots.
As one of the best golf tees, it also features reduced friction during impact for optimal drives. A vital characteristic of this tee is that it has a shallow ball cup which adds to the drive distance. Consistency, also being part of the Champ Zarma FLYtee, is reinforced by the consistent tee height.
Other characteristics that make this tee type rank among the best include:
- Environmentally friendly due to its biodegradable plastic material.
- Increased durability than a wooden tee due to shank reinforcement.
- Perfect measurement of the tee height due to the dark MyHite colored lines.
6. Callaway Performance Tees
- Reduces friction and side spin for optimal accuracy and distance.
Another tee masterpiece of advanced technology in golf is the Callaway performance tee. It is also made of plastic and is designed to achieve consistent drives. This golf tee is made in a range of sizes with a maximum length of 4 inches.
Its unique characteristic is its prolonged design around the tee crown which serves to minimize contact. If you are a low handicapper, the golf tee is considered most appropriate for this category. Other toping features of this tee are:
- Durability than a wood tee with a highly bonded core of composite materials.
- In addition to consistent drives, this tee also achieves straighter and longer drives.
7. VersaGolf Bamboo Golf Tees
- Lightweight, High Strength Bamboo which is 7x stronger than Wooden Tees
- Premium 2-3/4" length, High Quality, Long Lasting
- Natural Color, no paint or plastic that will get on your club face
- FREE Golf Club Cleaning Brush (a $15 value)
- 250 Bulk Tees, stock up at a great price!
These tees are made of bamboo, as suggested in the name. They are made in a variety of lengths ranging from 2.75 to 4 inches. These bamboo golf tees are offered for sale in bulk, making them a once-in-a-long-time purchase.
In comparison to their ordinary wooden tee counterparts, these tees are stronger. With respect to the PGA Tour, these bamboo tees have been approved by this golf tournament organizer. An additional plus for these golf tees is that they do not leave the club with plastic and paint residues because of their natural color.
8. Izzo Plastic Golf Tees
Do you desire the best golf tees off a tee box? Here is your answer! The Izzo plastic tees in a tee box are among the best due to their all-level golfer coverage and suitability to fairway woods and Irons. This type of golf tees is also a low-friction product for maximum drive and low-spin. Its tip structure is mainly characterized by a 4-prong design. Key additional features that make the Izzo plastic tees among the best include:
- Better launch angle.
- Extended usage life than wood tees due to their ability to absorb impact.
- The four-prong design also provides ball stability even during windy conditions.
9. Brand Fusion Graduated Biodegradable Wooden Tees
As suggested in the tee name, this type of tee is made from a biodegradable material, which is wood. These wooden tees are available for buying in packs of 20 and 15, which can be used for a long time due to the unbreakable characteristic. Any interested golfer has various colors and their corresponding sizes to choose from for this golf tee type.
Below is a list of available colors and their respective sizes:
- Orange for 67mm tees, available in packs of 15
- Pink for 57mm tees, available in packs of 15
- White for 51mm tees, available in packs of 20
- Yellow for 43mm tees, available in packs of 20
- Navy for 37mm tees, available in packs of 20
- Red for 31mm tees, available in packs of 20
- Green for 27mm tees, available in packs of 20
10. Wedge Guys PGA Approved Professional Bamboo Tees
- The 2-3/4 Inch high Professional Bamboo Golf Tees by WedgeGuys are engineered...
- Wedge Guys Bamboo Tees are stronger than wood tees and are biodegradable...
- The Bamboo Golfing Tees feature a specific tensile strength that rivals steel...
- PGA Professional Approved & Conforms to USGA Regulations - Professionals...
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee – We’re pleased to be able to offer a 30-day...
As is with bamboo trees, they are usually made to cater to increased durability and environmental friendliness. This is the same case for the Wedge Guys PGA Approved Professional Bamboo tees made to replace wood tees. The Wedge Guys bamboo tees provide conservation of tees used to complete a round while conserving the environment.
If a tee's trustworthiness is in a name, then this is an easy go-to tee for golfers who seek results over leisure based on the phrase 'PGA Approved.'
From every hole, a golf tee is essentially the chance of every golfer to start with a perfect lie. For different golfers, different golf tees are appropriate depending on the style of play, to say there is no single standard tee. It is also the desire of every golfer to achieve consistency across around.
Achieving more distance or yardage is also critical in the choice of a golf tee. The above-highlighted types of tees provide a range of best-known and tested tees applied in the contemporary golf game. Famous names and corporate recommendations may provide hints on the very best golf tees in the market. Still, it is recommended that every golfer probes the specifications of every tee in the market to find the appropriate product.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Golf Tees
1.Are wooden tees better than plastic?
Plastic tees are better than golf tees made of wood since they are more durable due to their ability to absorb shock during impact. Plastic golf tees also provide teeing solutions with less friction which facilitate accuracy over longer distances. Wooden tees, on the other hand, are credited for balance and stability during a swing. Either plastic or wood, each golf tee type has its pros and cons. It ultimately goes down to an individual golfer's personal decision based on comfort, budget, and performance.
2.What golf tees do most pros use?
Golf tour professionals are fond of using wooden tees and, more so, color colored red white to avoid eye distraction. Besides the performance-based specifications, most pros sometimes use tees provide by their sponsors or tour organizers for commercial purposes. Branding may be different, but every pro wants a golf tee with specs that will yield him or her optimal results.
3.Do golf tees make a difference?
Golf tees indeed make a difference. Tee height is the first tee feature that makes the difference more so for the driver. A perfect lie at every start serves to determine the spin added to a ball. Tee material, to some margin, makes a difference, such as in the context of low resistance and durability. Different golf tees also make a difference in the prospects of additional yardage.